Chartered and Accredited Historic Building Surveyor
Gabriella is both a RICS Chartered Building Surveyor and RICS Certified Historic Buildings Professional, being accredited in Historic Building conservation. Additionally she has over 20 years experience in the architectural conservation field and lectures on conservation issues nationally and internationally.
She trained not only with prestigious Conservation Architects but also whilst at English Heritage. Gabriella has worked on many large and prominent buildings where projects included a renowned townhouse in Soho Square London, the Royal Pew at Hampton Court Palace, Windsor Castle where she worked for the Surveyor of the Fabric, ecclesiastical buildings within the City of London, as well as clients of listed historic mansion projects.
Gabriella has experience of researching the history of buildings and writing Conservation Plans, having contributed to one for Historic Royal Palaces, as well as one for the Dean & Canons of Windsor Castle.
She has project managed various small to large scale conservation projects at English Heritage, Harrow School and Historic England. Closer to her local area she also has worked on the estates of Buscot Park, Coleshill, Chastleton House and Ashdown House. Having initially trained with the Surveyor of the Fabric of Windsor Castle, Gabriella has from very early on always strived for the very highest standards.
Gabriella has applied her practical knowledge over the last six years restoring and conserving a neglected Grade II Cotswold stone house, associated coach house and barns; all of which were allowed to end up in a state of disrepair. She is extremely passionate about historic buildings and repairing them with the correct materials they deserve.
She is a member of the Historic Royal Palaces Salvage Team, the international DemHist Committee and has recently been asked to join one of the RICS Journal Editorial Advisory Groups.
She is continually developing her personal and professional skills within the conservation sector, keeping abreast of current research including breathability of historic fabric and conservation approaches not just in the UK but also abroad.
Gabriella’s specialises in:
- Project Management of large to small scale Historic Building Projects (Listed Buildings and Scheduled Ancient Monuments)
- Historic Building Surveys: Pre and Post Purchase
- Level 2 Surveys of Historic Buildings as part of Planning Conditions
- Heritage Impact Assessments/Statement of Significance required for Listed Building Consent Applications
- Condition Surveys of Historic Buildings
- Timber and Damp Surveys of Historic Buildings using specialist equipment
- Defects Analysis and Historic Building Pathology
- General Consultations/on Listed Buildings and Scheduled Ancient Monuments
- Advice on Ecology and Listed Buildings
- Advice on Emergency Response & Disaster Planning of Estates
- Research of Historic Structures
Some great buildings Gabriella has surveyed;